Bedliner/Gatortrax and the like...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brine

Reaction score
I was at WallyWorld yesterday, and saw there were a few different companies that have a spray-in bedliner. 3M has one they call "rubberized coating" and then a couple were called "bedliners". Anyway, I keep leaning away from using carpet in my boat. The more I think about it, the more I think I don't want carpet. Primarily because in tournament fishing, we fish rain or shine, and many of the lakes we fish don't have a dock, so tracking mud in the boat is inevitable. It just seems like the ability to take the boat to a car wash and spray it out seems so much easier from a maintenance standpoint, as well as rips/burns/tears etc....

All it seems I'm concerned with is deadening the sound inside the boat. Also, I thought that applying a bedliner coating to the gunwale would be nice to help with noise and also be more durable than a paint. Thoughts? Not to mention it would match the black steelflex aleady applied at the bottom :D . I dont want to just spray the whole inside of the boat with it, becuase I don't want to deal with the heat in the spring, summer, and early fall (here in Ga).

I saw someone else used a product called Gatortrax on their boat (had like a camo pattern), but when I googled it, I could only find a boat manufacturer, not a coating.

Anyone got any good ideas on floor coatings besides carpet?

caveman said:
Google Hydro Turf I was looking at it yesterday not cheep

No, Honey..... I'm looking at floor coatings for the boat :---) Nice Website.

#-o

If that stuff is what I think it is, it's more like "cushiony" material. Probably not the best solution where fish hooks etc... are involved. It would probably be great tho for bare feet; however, I don't fish bare foot. Bare Feet + Fishing = Ouch.

I would go with the Rhinoliner - you can get it in different colors, or you can have your local auto O'Reilly's put you a little dye in there to change the color... I too would steer away from black, even though I painted the inside of mine black. I'm more than likely going to be redoing mine in a khaki colored liner...

it was nice meetin ya yesterday at the tourney - are y'all gonna fish Yahoola with us on March 28?

I seen the same boat that used the Gatortrax that you are talking about .If you will go back and look at again you will see the man said it was Gatortrax Hydro turf, it is on the site and in camo just look under colors. They will send free sample.Just trying to help....

russ010 said:
it was nice meetin ya yesterday at the tourney - are y'all gonna fish Yahoola with us on March 28?

:shock: Russ, I wasn't at the tourney. Must have been another Brine.... :lol:

caveman said:
I seen the same boat that used the Gatortrax that you are talking about .If you will go back and look at again you will see the man said it was Gatortrax Hydro turf, it is on the site and in camo just look under colors. They will send free sample.Just trying to help....

Caveman, thanks for the help. The first time, I just googled "Hydro Turf" and got this site:

https://hydroturf.com/forum/images.php and thought that is what you were talking about.

:lol:

I see the Gatortrax version now. Thanks Again!