12' V-Shaped Uknown Rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbernet15

Reaction score
I've been the owner (through inheritance) of an unknown 12' v-shaped older boat for several years now. The past week, however, I have decided to start a project to repaint, remodel, and repair it in time for the upcoming fishing season. I am new to TinBoat.com, just recently I've started reading these forums and have I've finally started to grow more familiar with the site. With limited a limited budget, my goal is to finish the boat within the next few months, and I need all the help I can get :lol:

Attachments

• boat4.jpg
    boat4.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 292
  • boat3.jpg
    boat3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 292
Welcome Aboard! 8)

The guys on here that are good at identifying boats could probably use a complete side view of the boat (front to back), and possibly a direct exterior view of both the bow and the stern.

Alright I will get those pictures up ASAP, probably tomorrow. At this point I'm willing to take any advice on how to go about completeing this whole project.

I'm in the process of stripping/gutting it right now. I have removed the seats and started to strip any old/flakey paint and have applied paint remover to about half of the bottom. I also have started to sand as I go.
A few questions:

-What grit should i get up to sanding with before I should prime & paint?
-What type or brand of prime&paint should I use?/How far should i strip the original paint down to?

updated goal:
I want a simple fishing boat, no motor (for now) only oars.
I'm keeping the 3 original bench seats, just reinforcing the actual bench part themselves.
I plan on building a rear deck platform with compartments that extend of off the rear seat.
I'm going to put marine carpet on all 3 seats.

Attachments

• boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 293
Great start so far.

Look for some stamped marking on the inside rear of the boat.

Carpet on the bench seats is nice and all, however if the boat is exposed to the elements the carpet will hold the morning dew until the sun bakes them dry. By that time you will have gotten your pants, and hands wet a few dozen times. Might want to leave the wood and bring a towel. Wipe off the dew and enjoy.

Alright thanks. I am still open minded right now and debating everything over in my head haha. Thanks for the support all 8)

-new pictures will be posted later that show the side, bow, and stern in hope someone will be able to identify the boat? and on that note, a friend guessed it was a SeaCraft Sea Scamp? Let me know!

Latest posts