Lonestar 14' Mods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kansas Angler

Reaction score
I bought an old 14 foot Lonestar boat about 2 months ago and since then i have been in stripping paint, building the decks and floors, designing a livewell as well as alot of other small jobs. It has been good so far, the longest part of the job was stripping off the layers of paint (there was about 10 different layers). Now I have the boat in primer and should be done with it before the end of March. Keep in mind that im not even 15 yet so its not the best work you have probably ever seen.

Any questions just ask

Here are some before pictures
IMG_8593.jpg

IMG_8597.jpg

this one is after removing the middle bench, oddly enough it had no flotation foam in it and was only attached by 4 rivets each side so it was not providing much structual support
0307091255.jpg

Heres a picture after primer, sorry for the bad pictures
0307091255.jpg

0307091312.jpg

0307091258.jpg

When I was doing the hinges I wanted them flush and not showing at all, so I had to countersink them into the deck using a dremel, I think it came out alright.

thats all for now, thanks for looking.

its a tan color, the original paint was rustoleum sand beige, but it looks more like yellow, so I went to lowes and they tinted a darker shade and it matches my carpet almost perfect. My seats are dark green and tan, and Im going have a local store make me a green Lonestar decal and a green stripe going down the whole boat, it should come together pretty nice, i should be done with it by this weekend.

Great job , weather should be comin around time to put it in the water..........

Finally got it done, took me 4 months about and probably about $600. I think the finished product turned out pretty well for me being only 15.
here are some pics I took I will take more once it stops raining tomorrow.
Start
IMG_8593.jpg

Finish
008.jpg

009.jpg

Here is how i made the livewell, when I removed the bench seat i noticed there was no flotation foam so I had an idea, I thought why not make it into a livewell, i think it turned out pretty good and with the measurements it is 18 gallons.
010.jpg

Heres the switch

012.jpg

Heres the decal i had made for me that i got from a local trophy store
It matches the seats perfectly
013.jpg

Heres the tempress low back seats i got, they are 120 a piece at bass pro but i got em for 50 a piece off ebay.

014.jpg

Battery compartment
015.jpg

Trolling motor plug
016.jpg

random pics
017.jpg

front deck support
0307091255.jpg

if you have any questions just post em up and ill do my best to awnser em.
Thanks for looking!

Yeah no problem,

First i removed the stardard middle bench seat becuase I was putting down the flooring, i noticed that there was no flotation foam inside so i decided why not make it a livewell instead of using a cooler because it would sit flat below the deck, I cut a 5x20 hole in the top and put a drain plug in and tested for leaks. there was one small leak i fixed with some jb weld. then i bought the basspirator livewell system ( i think thats what its called) from bass pro for about $40. then I just ran my wires and I was done. I can fill it up, aerate it, and get the water out with only one pump, just have to move the aerator itself or the hose. I measured it and then put the measurements into some calculator online and it turned out to be 18 gallons which is plenty I think.

Thanks for the replies,

Any more questions just ask!

Kansas Angler said:
Yeah no problem,

First i removed the stardard middle bench seat becuase I was putting down the flooring, i noticed that there was no flotation foam inside so i decided why not make it a livewell instead of using a cooler because it would sit flat below the deck, I cut a 5x20 hole in the top and put a drain plug in and tested for leaks. there was one small leak i fixed with some jb weld. then i bought the basspirator livewell system ( i think thats what its called) from bass pro for about $40. then I just ran my wires and I was done. I can fill it up, aerate it, and get the water out with only one pump, just have to move the aerator itself or the hose. I measured it and then put the measurements into some calculator online and it turned out to be 18 gallons which is plenty I think.

Thanks for the replies,

Any more questions just ask!

Good thinkin man. Wish I had a sealed seat like that, I need to figure out what I will use for my livewell tank.

Dave