Placement of rod holders

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish18

Reaction score
Where do most of you mount rod holders, not for storage but for trolling? I have 4 that I am going to mount and need some Ideas................. Show me some pics plz, not a spider rig just individual holders Thanks

Installed this one for my wife on the port aft corner brace:

Scotty Power-Lock:
Rod_Holder_Mounted2.JPG

I couldn't get the Scotty site to load, but it's the Scotty Powerlock Rod Holder #230. The deck mount I used is the Scotty Compact Threaded Deck Mount #444. Pics below of the deck mount. It detaches real easy, and does "lock" in place. To insert it into the deck mount you face the far end of the holder towards you, set it into the receptacle, then turn it outboard towards the water. When not in use there's a soft rubber cap that goes over the hole. When you have a rod in the holder you can can turn the end piece on the far end and it rotates around, thereby "locking" the rod into the holder.

Pic from their website:
%23444_Pic.jpg

(as I recall, when mounting the flush-deck mount, you place it so that the word "Scotty" is readable from inside the boat, with the word facing outboard)

Drawing from their website: (you need access to the underside of the deck to install this mount)
%23444_Compact_Threaded_Deck_Mount.jpg

Holder removed, cap on deck mount:
Rod_Holder_Flush_Mount.JPG

Different view:
Rod_Holder_Mounted3.JPG

(That's not a hose in the corner of the deck, that's the cable running to my front tm to the battery)

Still can't get the site to load, but here's a link to a lot of places that carry their stuff. Prices seem to be fairly consistant between the sites:
https://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=Scotty+Rod+Holder&go=&form=QBRE

Glad to help. It comes with the combination side/vertical mount. I ord'd the flush-deck mount seperately. You need access to the underside of the deck to install this particular mount. The mount does come with a bottom cap that screws on to the bottom. I was able to install this one fairly easily due to having easy access under the corner brace.

I have 2 similar holders with different mounts from Cabela's. I also have 2 tube type holders that I am going to mount. I will post some pics later. Thinking I could mount the tube type in the rear like you did and the other 2 upfront.

Here's what I have on my boat.

This is the rigger board that is u-bolted to the rear cleats
IMG_1115.jpg

Looking at the rigger board from a Salmon's point of view.
IMG_1117_%28600_x_450%29.jpg

And from the side
IMG_1116_%28600_x_450%29.jpg

Up front I have a pair of tite-locks
with_Jean008.jpg

This shows better where they are mounted.
Tite_Loks001_%28600_x_450%29.jpg

Ths is all that is left if you take the holders off.
Tite_Loks003_%28600_x_450%29.jpg

I'm gonna put two more of the tite-locks on the back, prolly just behind the seats or as far back as to be even with back seat for when I'm trolling/drifting for perch

My rod holder is voice activated and automatic.I place my rod holder where ever she wants to sit.Some times she likes the front, sometimes the back. :LMFAO:

ben2go said:
My rod holder is voice activated and automatic.I place my rod holder where ever she wants to sit.Some times she likes the front, sometimes the back. :LMFAO:

I tried using a voice activated rod holder and when I told her where to put the rod, she told me where was going to put the rod if I didn't shut up. :shock: Was a very quite boat ride for a while. :roll:

LOL! Yea I have had a few types of rod holders, some I broke, some got bent but my last one got rusty and I had to scap it.

I also have the same tight locks, same mounts and tubes. have not decided where to mount them yet but I like your setup with the riggers.

Just so you know I troll for salmon using those Tite-Locks as well. I use those forward holders for my Dipsey Divers and they put quite a bit of strain on the holders and I have had no problem with them.

Latest posts