hello

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims72

Reaction score
Hello from Mesa ,AZ also known as "good Lord it sure is hot".I have been in the boating scene off and on now for ten years my first boat was a little red one and that's all I remember about it I have owned 2 12ft v hull since,a 18ft Chrysler cathedral hull with a 225hp force outboard and some folding boat that i sold for 20 bucks.Recently I inherited my dads 1950 seamaid 14 ft tinnie deep v hull and a 1978 or 79 5 hp sea king outboard.I grew up with the boat and am thrilled to be its new owner and want to customize it.It will be carrying a lot of weight as I alone am 315 lbs and my passenger is 230.I dont want to do anything too radical but a nice floor would be good and a small deck with a seat would rock.I have browsed the site and there are some good lookin boats here and plenty of ideas.Glad to be here and hope to help if I can

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining! :beer:

Your plan for the boat sounds more than perfect. A simple floor and two comfortable pedestal seats will do wonders for a good day of fishing.

welcome to the site. I'm a big guy myself just try to keep the center of gravity as low as possible

Hello and welcome to the site. I am also a 300 pluser and a tinnie 14' deep v will be a nice project. If you can post any pics, it will aid in the visual and many suggestions will come pouring your way as to how your demands can be met. COG or center of gravity is the FIRST rule. After that its all up to your imagination.

A 5 horse with that hull may need the weight shift closer to the front for solo voyages and to help with the plane.

I like to start with a cardboard cutout of my idea as it is better to measure twice and cut once...
Good Luck and Keep us Posted...

Nipper...

thanks for the great responses!!! I dont have any pics of the boat but can tell you it has a 53 inch measurement at the widest point[thats the beam right?] and it is approximately 18 inches deep at the rear[transom?] I have decided to keep the middle seat and I am probably only going to build a floor to the front and rear of the middle seat.

Welcome to your newest obsession!

You're amongst some of the greatest brains for tinboat makeovers - and I can honestly say I enjoy every second I spend on this site! So ask away with questions and you'll get 10 different answers I'm sure

here are some pics of my boat.Let the suggestions fly!

Attachments

• 03-28-09_1919.jpg
    03-28-09_1919.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 383
  • 03-28-09_1917.jpg
    03-28-09_1917.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 383
  • 03-28-09_1916.jpg
    03-28-09_1916.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 383

Latest posts