siezed steering cable

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailgrabber

Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to free up a stuck steering cable. Steering cable is for an EZ steer stick system, and cable is completely off boat at this point.

I got it free. But now the next problem. I have about 90 degrees of movement in the stick steer. wich lets me turn in one direction, straight, and slightly turns in other direction. Is there any adjusting these things? I also shortend the distance from where the steering originally was by about 3.5 ft. So I don't know if that will have any effect to how it's working.

tailgrabber said:
I got it free. But now the next problem. I have about 90 degrees of movement in the stick steer. wich lets me turn in one direction, straight, and slightly turns in other direction. Is there any adjusting these things? I also shortend the distance from where the steering originally was by about 3.5 ft. So I don't know if that will have any effect to how it's working.

I'm not sure on the adjustment, I'm sure someone on here will chime in and help more with that.
Make sure all the linkage is tight and not slipping. Moving the location shouldn't affect operation unless you have something bound up when you reattatched it to the new location.

Latest posts