Tracker 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiverDog357

Reaction score
So I started to do a little to the Tracker. I bought a few sheets of plywood to build a floor. I don't want a raised deck or anything cause I dont want it to be tippy and I can fish just fine the way it is now. I also ordered 2 highback chairs, bench clamps w/ swivels, and a bench pad for the very front. I went with the clamps for now cause I dont want to start drilling, and cutting into the boat just yet. I figured this way I will be able to determine the best places to mount my seats permanently. Question is what do I use to attach the swivel to the bottom of the boat seats? Just screws, or something a little bigger like a small lag bolt? This was also why I got the clamps cause I couldtnt think of a way to mount the seats without using a pedastal or cutting a hole to get acess to the underside of the bench.

your seats should come with the screws (small lag bolts or large screws..)

If not, just find a thick enough screw that will "seat" itself into the plastic on the bottom portion of your seat. If your seat already has tapped threads, find the right bolt to use

Thanks russ. If I decide to mount them permenantly flush to the bench, do I just use one of those flat seat bases like this

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21276-cat21336_TGP&id=0013304016364a&navCount=2&podId=0013304&parentId=cat21336&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat21336&hasJS=true

The black one is the one I was thinking of getting down the road after I figure where I will be most comfortable. I am also putting down plywood and was wondering the best way to get the measurement for the front section of the boat being it is tapered from back to front. I tried cardboard and couldnt get it to bend enough to get a good template. Any other idears??

Latest posts