Alumacraft, Lowe, or Seaark

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jish

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice or opinions on these three brands? I am looking for a 16-17' bass type boat with a 50-60 hp four stroke motor. With the Alumacraft or Seaark I would have more motor options, whereas with the Lowe, it would have to be Mercury. Thanks in advance for your comments.

I think it's just a matter of opinion...

but if it were ME, I would go with an Alumacraft simply because I know they are built to last.. not saying the others aren't, but for the price that would be my choice.

I looked at some SeaArks, and those things are stout - but they carry a stout price tag.

I like Lowe boats as well, mainly because I think they are a little deeper boat than most, but with the limited options, I would pass.

There may be more people on here with experience with these boats, but you can't be an alumacraft.

Russ said just about exactly what I would have regarding the 3. I too can vouch that the Alumacraft is one of the best built hulls around, second only to Lund, in the hulls I have messed with. SeArks are real pricey, and as you mentioned, the Lowe doesn't have prerigged motor options. Now, you can buy the hull with no prerig, and take it to an Evinrude dealer, and get them to put the Etec on it. :lol:

my dad has a 16ft lowe and its pretty strong he can petty much go anywhere in it but he dont use it any more he hasent used it in 10 or 15 years all his needs is an impeller but he is to lazy to do it but i would get an allumacraft i have always liked them i would love to have a seaark but they cost way to much for me

Have never been around an Alumacraft or a SeaArk, but do own a 1652 Lowe Roughneck! 8) . I don't run a motor on mine (electric-only here), but as bassboy1 stated you can always buy the motor you want for it. :wink:

I'd have to say Alumacraft, but that's a biased opinion.Since I own one,but I've been in Lowe,Tracker(early '90s)and Fisher.The only one that compares to ours is my bud's Fisher MarshHawk3.Our's is river specific,it doesn't really like big lake rough water.I don't even think they still make the model we have.

I've got the MV1546 welded drop deck Alumacraft and really like it and feel it's well made. The Alumacraft MV Tex Special with a 60 Yamaha or Suzuki 4-stroke has been a boat I've wanted for a while. I've seen a Tex Special that the front deck was extended back to meet the console for more storage. It looked like an easy and worth while mod. Then again I can't leave anything stock. Good luck, I think either brand is fine and think about which model & motor would suit your particular needs. No I'm not a boat salesman. :mrgreen:

Latest posts