Carpeting questions....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOSKN5

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am putting some carpet in my boat this weekend and have a few questions.....

First what process do I use to put the carpet on the aluminum? I am not building decks and just want the carpet on the floor and seats.....

Second, how long should I let it dry before fishing out of the boat??? I am hoping to get out on the water the first of next week but only for a short trip and on a sunny dry day..... any thoughts???

thanks for the help.....

:WELCOME:

Rough up the aluminum with sand paper 80 to 120 grit should be fine.Wipe it down with alcohol or white vinegar.Lay your glue down as recommended by the instructions, and use something like a rolling pin to press it down.I'd give it at least 48 hours to dry.You can check how dry it is by lifting a corner of the carpet.If it comes up easy,it needs more dry time.

thanks for the tips....... any pics of carpeted flat bottoms without floors or decks????

Welcome aboard mate :D

I did my seats as well, I did not deck over them, https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3586 I used the glue along with the spray 3M adhesive, I quickly stayed with the spray. Much quicker, but you need to ware a mask with it.

Latest posts