Who is getting a new boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Lots of talk about members here getting new (or new to them) boats. What are your plans for next season - who is looking for a holiday present that is made of tin?

I am thinking of getting something tiny to putter around the electric only lakes - but only if it is priced super cheap or a freebie (and I need a place to hide this 3rd boat from the wife!)

Who else needs a boat?

I most likely will be getting one in December or January. All depends on end of year company profits.

I currently have a 13.5' scrawny tin can (my first boat). I am looking at 16' jons and assorted mod-Vs. My major dilemma is tiller vs. non-tiller. I want to use it for fishing jon boat, electric only tournaments, but have the option to throw a small gas motor on there for regular fishing. I keep debating how important the tournaments are, I think it would be great to have console steering, and keep the cheap little dingy for tournaments.

I also live in a 3rd floor apartment with no garage. I can't do much as far as mods, and I'm tired of hauling these heavy batteries up and down every weekend to charge. So I'll be spending quite a bit to have the dealer deck out the boat for me, and considering a storage unit.

I'm open to suggestions!

Down to 4...., + gonna sell one....
Time to get another one..... or more....

But....,
I may have a lead on a trash boat.... + plus good galvanized trailer.... + 115 Johnson to put on the Alumacraft...., for 400 McChickens.....

Buy all.... + trash boat.... + sell trailer...., or keep it in back stock.

I will be buying with in the next month or so. I think my check list is done, I know what I have to get now I just have to get it.

I must say I am pretty excited, but reading the other comments it seems that buying one boat leads to another and another. Its a good thing I fish I am use to buying all and every lure that seems to be made.

It seems we are all collectors at heart.

Really ? You want a console ? They really rob you of a TON of fish fighting space..... and right out of the middle of your boat, too !

I think the only way I'd consider a console, would be if the boat was so darn big, it could be a true center console, which I could fight a fish all the way around.

I just cherish open space in a boat....

Just something to consider,
Fish

I just want a 14' jon to deck and fish small water from. I don't space or a tow vehicle for a full on bass boat(tin or otherwise). I'm planning to figure out a way to cram on into my 2-car garage with all my junk and one car, then I'm golden! :D

Fish Chris said:
I just cherish open space in a boat....

I appreciate the advice Fish Chris. If I stick to a tiller, I'll be able to suit both needs, jon boat tournaments and leisure fishing. Storage space is important to me, would need to have a built in livewell and would love to have a rod locker too.

If I get tiller I want to stick to 40HP max, preferably 25. I'll be taking it off a lot for tournaments. I wonder if 25HP could get a 16' jon to plain?

Im thinking of re-doing the decking on my modified jon. Possibly replacing the trolling motor, and installing a front deck mounted depth finder.

When I get started on this, Ill document and take lots of pics to post. My boat is still pretty light, but I don want to add much more weight considering that I only have a 15hp mercury.

I'm just looking to upgrade, improve and get more use out of my Crawdad. Being a city dweller, I can't keep the boat at my house. I'm looking to store it at a lake (Green Lane Res.) and pretty much dedicate it to that water. If I could afford one (or store one for that matter), I would love to get a tin jet drive for river smallies and flatheads...maybe one day.

Latest posts