GAS TANK

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ford4x4dad

Reaction score
12' sea king semi-V with 9.9 evinrude... Do I really need a 6 gallon tank???? friend of mine thinks so, he's probably right but I'm thinking less weight in the boat with 3 gallons might be better!!?? This is my first boat so I'm not sure how much gas I will need!!!! What was your first set-up and how did it work for you????

you don't have to fill the tank if you want to reduce the weight.
6 gallons of gas would last me a trip there were times i wish i had a bigger tank..
Wayne

your right about not filling it and my friend also said he wished he had a bigger tank so he carries two 6 gallon tanks, but he has a 16 foot boat so he has room for it, so I'm not only trying to save weight but space as well but I'm thinking I will go with the 6 rather than the 3. :D

my 6HP johnson uses a little over a gallon of gas over a full day of fishing. if the 6gallon fits Id use it. just dont fill it up all the way if weight is a concern.

I'm dropping from a 6 gallon to a 3 gallon. I bought the new 3 gallon to make fitting it in a little easier and due to only using about 1 gallon for a day anyway.

I think you'll be fine with a 3 gallon tank. I use a 6 gallon for my gas guzzling carbed 40 horse, and it does me just fine. I can run and gun tournament fish on Allatoona, which is real large, with no issue at all. If you end up doing a lot of running, carry a jerry can, or a second 3 gallon tank. That way, on days you don't plan to run real far, you have the space, but can have reserve if you go to a real large impoundment, and wish to run for hours. You should be getting 2.5 to 3 hours of WOT on that 3 gallon tank.

I have a 6 gallon tank also. I fill it up about half way to keep the weight down. I keep thinking about switching to a 3 gallon tank but I never do.

I have a 14' G3 with a 6hp yamaha and 3 gallon tank and I haven't use a full tank yet. Granted I don't run far on the waters I fish, maybe a few miles up and down river, so if you are gonna run far, get the six otherwise the 3 should be fine.

Latest posts