Trolling motor and outboard on transom.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunnels

Reaction score
I have a 14' deep-vee and I have both motors on the transom. My 9.9 stays in the center and the trolling moror mounts next to it. Steerage never seems to be an issue. When I'm on the 9.9 I put the troller in the horizontal position. My handles are further out than yours so I don't have that issue. Removing them shouldn't be an issue.

I would just move the handle. also, I found on my boat I have more room to steer the outboard if the trolling motor is on the starboard side since its now opposit of the outboards tiller handle.

I run both of my motors on the transom. I removed the handle on the left being I dont use it and remounted it on the corner brace up top. That way I can use it to tie off when we float down the river with all of our friends for our Memorial, and Labor day weekend camping trips. It also is a good place to tie off the minnow bucket. Last year I ran the motors like you and it was a pain cause I'd have to tilt the troller back so it was out of the water then slide it all the way up to spin the merc 2.5 around to go in reverse. The new setup without the hanle there is so much easier!! I havent had any problems with it being off center either.

You can get a mount from bass pro for about 50.00 that slides inside your handle look at it .or after you see it you could just make one out of 2x4 's I am thinking about doing that for mine.

Isn't there a varimax(minn kota),that has 3X steering so you don't have to move the handle much.
I know you already have a TM but just a question.

If you don't want to remove the handle, you could probably use a block of wood and notch around your handle and just mount the TM over it.

Latest posts