Attaching support to a transom?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atb

Reaction score
IMG_1981.JPG [ 36.24 KiB | Viewed 718 times

Having a difficult time putting support for my stern deck. I dont see many attach the support to the transom. It would be easy to use aluminum angle drill through the transom and attached with stainless steel bolts. I did see that backpains attached his rear deck support to the transom but not any others. Is there any issue in doing this? THanks any suggestions appreciated. Supposed to be a photo above if not there are photos in my post below.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6733&start=0

here is what i did, but you would have to build a new transom, works well for me.

Attachments

• th_100_0547.jpg
    th_100_0547.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 652
grizzly said:
here is what i did, but you would have to build a new transom, works well for me.

Thanks Griz for the feedback. Why would I have to build a new transom? Mine looks to be in great shape (til I drill a bunch of holes in it! :D ) Thanks for any help.

i shaped my transom to run the full width of the boat and used it as rear support for my hatch, so i figured you'd have to build one to the top of the seat line if you were to do the same setup

My stern decking is horseshoe shaped so this might not be what you are trying to accomplish. I used strong-tie brackets insulated from the aluminum with nylon washers attached with deck screws to the transom.

031.jpg

boat2-23-2008001.jpg

Latest posts