HEY! New guy, here... **(pics added)**

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassMajician

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Iust acquired a jon boat. Not sure of the mfg, but it is 18' x 52". Got it on Friday and worked on it some this weekend. My plan is to just get something put together as far decks go. I am using untreated plywood (sealed with Thompsons for now) for my decks. After I fish it for a few months hopefully I will have some ideas that will make it more effecient. Then I will get serious with the aluminum angle, carpet, storage, etc.

I have a 71lb/24V Hand controlled MotorGuide on it now.

I have looked at several pics of boats on this website and have come up with several great ideas.

Glad to be here!

Here are some pics of the boat!

qpoyfm.jpg

6qw684.jpg

welcome aboard man - you are doing it right too. Once you get out on the water and see how you can actually fish a boat that big, you'll come up with 100s of ideas about how to deck it and do storage.

Keep us posted on any thoughts you have. You can use this site as a "personal" diary so that you don't forget what you want to do... and I mean go into detail. You wouldn't believe how much stuff I forget to do until it's too late!

Welcome Bass Majician! Sound's like a really stable boat for the waves at fork! Envy ya. They got some monster LMB's at fork!!!!!!

Yeah, this boat is rediculously stable! I have a 3 yr old son that will be my guest of honor 9 times out of every 10 that I go. The stability is a huge plus.

Welcome aboard. Would love to see some pics of that big jon. Always good to add another Texan to the board also. =D>

welcome i to am fairly new here .There is one thing that you must know,that is wrong here and that is the more you look/read the more you want to do to your boat.The people on here are great as there ideas.you will love it here. lets see pics. a little hard to fig out how to post at first but then ............

we mostly fish for bass. our pond is full of them. there are also some crappie, catfish and bream.

here is one we caught in our pond a couple of weeks ago. ~ 6lbs on a beetle spin. the biggest one i have caught so far was atleast 7; probably closer to 7 1/2 lbs.
md2pvs.jpg

i will try to take some pics of the boat tomorrow.

Latest posts