should I buy this

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daltonmcgill

Reaction score
i think it a prettu good deal for $50 :!: :!: and its 14ft does anyone know what kind of boat it is :?:

dscf039212.jpg

looks alot like my boat, but i personally wouldnt buy it looking at the pictures. id dish out another 50 for somthing more in tact

those pics you post make me want to be back in florida baaad

It will be leaky and the gunnels will need to be fixed.If it has a title (not sure if that's needed where you live) and you feel that you can handle fixing all the little problems,I say go for it.

Is some of that greenery actually growing out of it? :shock: I agree with ben2go about making sure the title can be transferred before you buy it. Looks like a project.

I love working on boats, but I don't think I'd have the resolve to take that project on. I'd also be mindful of the fact that the selling price probably rivals what the aluminum is worth if the entire thing got recycled! If it is a collector, or has some local/historical significance...and if you're looking for something to do, I'd say go for it!

ben2go said:
You could use 1x2s to rebuild the gunnels,tighten her rivets,coat her with steel flex,and call it a weekend. :mrgreen:
i as thinking icould do them like this https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6564

daltonmcgill said:
ben2go said:
You could use 1x2s to rebuild the gunnels,tighten her rivets,coat her with steel flex,and call it a weekend. :mrgreen:
i as thinking icould do them like this https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6564

Yep,that was what I was referring to.

the guy says there are no holes in it but some people will tell you anything to sell it so im hopng there isnt [-o<

if you need a title in Fla to register a boat that is the key. if you will be using it on a private lake that won't require it to be registered and you can do the work give it a shot

Wayne

it dosent have a title but i will be using it alot on a private lake but it is very easy to say it is homemade in florida i have done it before.

I don't think you could go too wrong for $50 bucks. Worst case scenario, ya got some quality marine grade aluminium to get some or all of your cash back.

Latest posts