Removing Seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runnin' Ruby

Reaction score
I am wondering if i can remove seats from an older lund that I have? I want to put in a floor and i have gotten a lot of ideas from this website and would love any input on this subject.

I bought the boat from a friend nad he removed one seat already but the ribs do not go all the way up. I will see if I can uncover myboat from the snow we just got in the north and post a picture to be sure.

The ribs in the bottom of my lund do not run up the sides. It looks like the seats are the supports on this boat. Looks like I might have to just use the seats as the bases of a deck.

You can make your own ribs to connect the top of teh gunwall to the floor ribs. This is how I did mine.

file.php

How did you attach the ribs? I can kind of see the bolt at the top but how did you attach the bottom part of the rib?

Yeah, his boat is acctually the boat I wanted to model my revamp after. Great Layout for a smalled boat. i ahve a little one and she is a year old now and I kind of want to take her out fishing once and a while but need a similar set up.

How many rivets did you put in each rib? What material and the rivets made of? Did you put the rivets through the hull or just into the rib?

Aluminum pop rivets.
One at the top and those went through the hull, in the same hole as the previous rivet.
Two at the bottom, through the rib, not the hull. On the bottom one rivet in the top of the rib and the other in the side.

Latest posts