I've been snooping but finally joined

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flaxterra

Reaction score
Hello to all. i've been off and on this site but never joined. now i have a reason. just bought a 1540 sylvan jon boat. i've been looking long and hard for a jon boat that was wide, at least 14' and in good shape. finally found one. i will try to post pictures of it later. only problem is the main supports in the middle of the boat are cracked. i didnt notice this cause the floor is covered in diamond plate. of course it wouldnt of mattered. just needs some TLC. cant wait to start the mods!! just to add a little, i had a 1436 fisher jon boat before, casting deck in front with wood deck, and aluminum supports. also i came up with a pretty good way of storing rods. all i did was drill through the seats and push big tubes of pvc through the seats, just as wide as the seats. just the back and middle seats then i just slide the tips and butts of my rod in each seat to keep them up and out of the way. if i can figure out how to post pictures i will, of the old boat of course. anyways, glad to be a member and can't wait to start working on her.