aluminum source

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunnels

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get aluminum angles, channels, etc. around the Philly area? I don't want to go to one of the home centers because I'll probably pay too much and I'm not sure about the grade of aluminum.
Thanks

I just bought a new, ( to me ), boat, that I plan on Gutting all of the wood structure, and decking, to lighten her up. Went straight to the superstores and couldn't believe the price on a stick of aluminum!! I work in construction anyway, and started thinking where I could find my materials. One of the projects I'm working on was having a new storefront glass wall installed. I talked to the installers and they told me to come look at their scrap. Man did I hit the motherload!!! They have every size, and shape imageinable, at very reasonable prices. Try the Yellow Pages under Glass Installers, hope this helps you out, best of luck, and keep us posted, Scott. P.S. I don't mean to ramble on, but tell them what your'e looking for, and what its for. They'll probably be glad to help you out!

I found my source thru e-bay. Doa search on e-bay for aluminum angle and or sheets and yu might find a dealer in your area. Mine was about 45 minutes away here in MD.