replacing wood floor on 14' Lund

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rancocasrich

Reaction score
Folks, the guy from whom I bought my 14' Lund let the boat fill with water so long that the floor has soft spots and has to be replaced. My fishing buddy is a handy carpenter and has agreed to do the job with me. I have had some suggestions about types of wood to use, types of treatments for the wood, types of carpet and also the suggestion to NOT use carpet and just use fiberglass wrap and seal it and paint it. The floor does have metal inserts for the portable bass seats. If anyone has suggestions, they would be well-received.

I did my decking in exterior plywood (non-treated) simply because at the time it was the most economical. I then put a few coats of exterior deck paint on all sides, then wrapped it in rubber backed carpet...

now if I had it to do all over again, it would all be Aluminum - but that's honestly a little more than I want to spend on a boat that I know I'm only going to keep for a short period of time...

I did the same as Russ.
Exterior 1/2" plywood, two coats of enamel paint, and rubber backed carpet. Although I am still working on it so I dont have any water time in it.

The simplest way to get a good pattern is with cardboard and masking tape. Cut the cardboard to the bulk of the pattern, then cut out smaller pieces to fill in the curves, notches, etc. slide the smaller pieces into place and trim as needed, then tape it to the bulk piece. Repeat as often as necessary until you have the whole floor. Takes some time, however its cheaper than buying new sheets of wood.

Latest posts