Great site. Doing a new project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basshunter25

Reaction score
Ok, so just to make it known I have two aluminums and one of which i put decks w/ storage and a floorboard in the front. With that said my subject is the boat i just picked up for free. Its an older boat im not even sure what you would call it. Its just a fiberglass fishing boat. Not in very good shape, but for what i plan on doing to it thats ok. I know this site is for tin boats but i couldn't find any sites that gave info on turning a fiberglass into a bass boat and theres alot of good info and knowledgable people on here so i figure someones got some info. Im gonna try and post some pics to let you know what i am working with. Right now i am tearing out the floorboard which was half rotten anyway and the fiberglass is a pain. Its 16 ft and the bottom looks good no holes so i think its gonna work out good. I plan on using the livewell plan on here but im gonna tweak it a little and make it permanent. Im gonna put a deck in front and back and rod storage on the side. Anyway im gonna try and post some pics if anyone knows anyone thats done this kind of conversion before please let me know how it went.
Thanks
Travis
[email protected]
ok so pics are too big gonna have to find another way to post them. sorry

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining! The name is Tin, but we have a couple of glass boat mods too.

To resize your pictures easily, you can go here and do it online https://www.picresize.com/

Then resize the pictures so they are no wider than 800 (650 wide is even better for the net)

Then you can upload them or link them.

Here is a link to the mods, Look under the Glass section.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3156

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jim

Welcome abaord mate :D I believe you came to the right place for questions 8)

Just post the pics when ya can, and gives us detail about what ya wanting to do :wink:

Thanks for telling me about that site. Lets see if it works now.
Thanks
Travis
[email protected]

Attachments

• rsz_029.jpg
    rsz_029.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 658
  • rsz_030.jpg
    rsz_030.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 658
  • rsz_031.jpg
    rsz_031.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 660
  • rsz_033.jpg
    rsz_033.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 660
  • rsz_034.jpg
    rsz_034.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 662
And heres my aluminum. 150 for the boat, 60 for the mods. Its my little boat i use to get to my secret bayous.

Attachments

• rsz_056.jpg
    rsz_056.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 661
You have to watch those fiberglass boats.The stringers under the floor may be rotted and if they are you have some work ahead of you.
Welcome to the site,nice boats.

stringers??? Can you go into a little more detail? Under the fiberglass floor the wood is rotten but under that seems good i don't know what you call that next layer it has a honeycomb look to it. Im having a hell of a time getting the floor out because i don't want to go at it will the saw and put a hole in the bottom layer. I guess im just gonna have to go at it with the crowbar. Any info appreciated.
Thanks
Travis

Stringers run sideways,holding your floor up.They probably are fiberglassed right into the boat as well.