Sea Nymph 14ft Shallow V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Banker

Reaction score
How's it going everyone? Been reading this forum for some time now and getting tons of awesome ideas for my project. I have a 1969 14ft Sea Nymph shallow v. I'll be pushing her with a 1979 9.9 Chrysler that I am rebuilding. I finally got it to my house after almost 2 years of sitting at my dads and began cleaning and planning away. So far this is what she looks like and what she'll hopefully look like when I'm done. I will post the actual pics soon once I get them loaded from my camera. I plan to cut out the middle seat, add a floor, build a front and back deck, make the front a storage compartment, and add carpet. I'll try to do this for as cheap as I can but with quality. I really liked how Stew's Richline looked and am shooting for the same.

Before
boat1.JPG
Afterboat1 Carpet.JPG

looks good for what you want to do.

As far as removing that middle bench, I'm not sure what support it does to the boat (more than you think I believe)... so if you do take it out, you might want to reinforce that side wall... maybe some walls or something

i think rod lockers on sides by the floor, that would be nice storage, and a place to work in support that you'll lose by taking out the bench.

Are you planning on having a storage area under the rear deck? how about the gas tank?, batteries? it looks good but don't forget about some storage for these and other items

Wayne

The seats are structural on those,so I am not sure if removing the center bench is a good idea.If the hull is re-enforced, where the seat was removed,it should be ok.

Oops.. well I kinda got a little too excited about starting on it that I hit the floor running and knocked the bench out. Well I was also hoping on a theory. On the side of the boat are ridges on each side near the bottom. I cut my plywood to fit the shape of the ridges and added ribs to the bottom of the plywood to prevent it from bending. The bottom of the boat already has 5 or 6 aluminum ribs that help support it. I was hoping that with the force of the water pushing the sides of the boat inward, that the ridges on the sides would then close on the plywood, pressure fitting it and adding the needed support. And as long as the water level doesnt go above about mid level, the top shouldnt give out on me which is where max weight comes into play. The length of the open floor is only 5ft and I dont plan to be in rough water, go at a high speed, or have more than 2 people in it. Here's an illustration that I drew up to help explain. Am I crazy and might end up a fishl taco?

oh yeah, I'll definitely be making the back deck storage for the battery and gas tank only. Everything else will be stored up front to blance the boat out.
Support.JPG

Latest posts