17' MV Duracraft! Check out my new boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baptistpreach

Reaction score
Well, I saw this boat in a guys yard and I'm just about done modding my 1436 Monark, so I thought, I'll just pull in and take a look. Anyhow, I ended up getting the boat with everything you see here for $375. After paying all the late fees for getting it current on registration and transferring the title in my name, I'm at $450. I don't think its too bad! I have promised my wife I won't be spending a lot of time on it since I've spent so much on finishing my Monark, so for now, I just wanted to show you. I thought it was a 1648 MV (which was what I was hoping to save up and get in a few years), but when I measured the bow to transom it was 17 feet! Also, I'm not sure if the floor is 4 ft wide (48in) or if its 52 since I've got to take out those side panels to measure exactly, as it sits now, it was about 48 in (just under by an inch or so) across the floor. Anyhow, enjoy! It needs a LOT of work. I'm going to learn how to use a rivet gun (I'm gonna have to!) I hope to clear it out and check the boat for any leaks as of now, then I'll take all the goop off the bottom and check for leaks again! Also, any help on this, he said the motor runs (but I just don't believe it until I hear it), but he lost the key! Can I order a new one from a marina? I'm also gonna put a battery in and test the T&T and the TM. Anyhow, here it is without further ado.

Attachments

• DSC03767 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03767 (Medium).JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 1,186
  • DSC03764 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03764 (Medium).JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,180
  • DSC03760 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03760 (Medium).JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,180
  • DSC03755 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03755 (Medium).JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,182
  • DSC03752 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03752 (Medium).JPG
    120 KB · Views: 1,177
Holy cow thats a steal! Congrats! This looks like its going to be one fun project. Cant wait to see your progress.

Very, very, very nice! I must say i am a little bit jealous of you, its hard to find good deals in MI like that. WOW!! Cant wait to see some updates when you get going!!

Thanks so much for all the kind words. I couldn't believe it either. I found out when we were going thru the whole transferring the title, that the guy I bought the boat from actually spent $600 for it, and then his brother put new tires on the trailer, and I actually believe them. Originally, he told me the motor ran, and would sell it for $450, so I offered him $400, and he said $425. When I went to go start the motor, we found out there was no key, so he said he'd take $400. Me, being the guy who's always looking for a deal, I said since I was going to have to pay back penalties to transfer the title, how bout #375, and we made a deal. I was surprised when it was all said and done too, I mean I feel like the boat alone was worth that much if not more, and the trailer is in good shape with just some small upgrades needed. And IF the motor runs.... I mean wow. And the trolling motor is worth at least $100, so yeah, I'm on clould nine! I probably will not make a "deck boat, but go with a design like crappiereaper, though I'm sure it will be a little different. I also haven't decided if I want to keep the currnet motor and side console or go with a tiller motor and save the space. I do plan on having a BIG livewell (bigger than the 22 gallon one I've got now). Anyhow, I'll be doing the work on fixing any leaks and rivets first, and then go from there.

Nice find! 8)

thumb_thumbs_up_pic.jpg

man that looks like a great deal i wish i would find one like that.
just have fun with it..............

Latest posts