Need help getting title in TX

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIN HEAD

Reaction score
I bought a 1966 alum boat . I went to the title office today and got some info onthe boat and the owner of the boat is not the guy that sold me the boat. I had the guy that sold me the boat give me a bill of sale and his personal info, address and name. What can I do besides tracking down the original owner that owened the boat 10-15 years ago? Whats a salvage title ? The lady also said that if the boat had not been registered it would be easier to get a title since it had never been registered. What are my options? Like the one in the bottom pic.

Attachments

• lonestar57_03.jpg
    lonestar57_03.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 272
How big is the boat and what will you be using it for? Does the boat have a vin#. The reason I asked is that I have an old jon that I registered that someone gave to me. I do not know if it had ever been registered before. It has no title and I couldn't find a vin. The lady at the tag office put it down as an old pond boat and and registered if for me. I think I remember her asking if it was over 20 years old or something like that. We made an educated guess on the horsepower rating and that was it. I'm not familiar with Texas laws but the part about it not ever being registered sounds like my situation. This info may be useless to you in your case but that is my story. :?

Ya I find out that the boat was not sold to me by the original owner, but its very likely the original owner is a very old man . I will make some phone calls tomorrow to see if I can track him down. Something tells me though that this man might be long gone , like in deceased.

Go to your local Texas Park's and wildlife dept. Or you can download the form's online at thier website.

Latest posts