boat registration GA

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jyphotography

Reaction score
hey guys.. I just gotta JB last friday. I am trying to figure out how to register it. It has a Georgia registration ID number, but no hull ID. So I am going to have to apply for that. How long do you guys think it will be until I can take it on the water! I want to go now, but do not want to get a ridiculous ticket for something stupid...

Any suggestions?

as long as you have the registration, I don't think you need to worry about the HIN (hull ID number)..

But, as long as you have the paperwork with you where you sent in for a transfer to your name, the wardens should leave you a lone.

We were all checked at our tournament this past saturday at Yahoola by the DNR, and I took my wife there again today to show her where it was... the game warden was there again. That makes 4 out of the last 6 times I've been, that same warden has been there checking licenses and registrations.

One of the guys fishing with us had expired tags, but he had the paperwork where he sent it in months ago... another guy didn't have any registration stickers and he got a fine

Call down to the DNR and talk to them, they will tell you exactly what they need to make everything happen.. they keep changing the rules, so best bet is to call and talk to them

russ010 said:
as long as you have the registration, I don't think you need to worry about the HIN (hull ID number)..

But, as long as you have the paperwork with you where you sent in for a transfer to your name, the wardens should leave you a lone.

We were all checked at our tournament this past saturday at Yahoola by the DNR, and I took my wife there again today to show her where it was... the game warden was there again. That makes 4 out of the last 6 times I've been, that same warden has been there checking licenses and registrations.

One of the guys fishing with us had expired tags, but he had the paperwork where he sent it in months ago... another guy didn't have any registration stickers and he got a fine

Call down to the DNR and talk to them, they will tell you exactly what they need to make everything happen.. they keep changing the rules, so best bet is to call and talk to them

wilco! I just want to get on the **** water! The only paperwork I have is the bill of sale, so I dont know what will stand! I will take your advice and call DNR first thing! I know the big GOV is trying to get our money anyway possible!

in nc the bill of sale has to be notorized with the hin number on it. that is biting me in the *** big time. ive been lucky enough to steer clear of the cops, but i think my luck is running short

yeah I called DNR and man I have to do a lot just to get this thing registered.. but now the problem is I dont think the guy i got it from really wants to help out! its a hassle!

Jyphotography said:
yeah I called DNR and man I have to do a lot just to get this thing registered.. but now the problem is I dont think the guy i got it from really wants to help out! its a hassle!

Tell him if he won't cooperate that you want your money back.. if he still balks, tell him you're going to take him to small claims court for the price of the boat plus court costs.

russ010 said:
Jyphotography said:

Tell him if he won't cooperate that you want your money back.. if he still balks, tell him you're going to take him to small claims court for the price of the boat plus court costs.

well I hope it does not go to that level! My question is, it does not have a hull id.. that means I have to get a new one. So when I do that will it just be a brand new registration??

Does it have any Registration numbers on it now (up on the bow - stickers) or do you have the old registration card?

If you have the numbers or the registration card with the numbers on it, DNR will be able to pull it up and can then give you the HIN that was originally issued with the boat, unless it's a model made before 1972 or some year like that.

But, if you do get a new HIN, then you'll get new numbers and everything.

ok russ010 another question for you since you are great at helping me out so far! Do I need a boat license to take this bad boy on the water?!

Latest posts