G3 All Electric

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pretty nice... but I bet it's got a nice price tag too...

I think I'll stick with this site - it's cheaper in the end!

Dang, all of us "electric-only" guys have been into the "Green" thing way before it was a catch-word, lol. Nice looking rig, but they could've saved some weight if they would have used aluminum decking instead of marine-grade pressure-treated plywood.

I guess you don't need a particularly tough one if you are electric only but I sure wouldn't want a 17.5' boat with only a .07 hull.

Waterwings said:
ben2go said:
Is that the model with 12 batteries lined down the middle and takes 220 volt to recharge the batteries?

Whew, that sure would be a lot of weight! Regular deep cycle-sized batteries?

I read about one of the major manufactures building an all electric boat.It had 12 batteries down the center.They weren't flooded lead acid.I think they were AGM or Li-ion batteries.It had on board chargers that required 40 amp 220 volt service to power them.It took 14 hours to full charge the battery bank.The only reason I remember the electric specs is because I was working with large electrical floor equipment and other electric industrial trucks.I called it the floating electrical truck.

I dunno about the batteries. that console looks like a waste of space/weight to me.

S&MFISH said:
I wonder just what the top speed is for that thing.Mine can be all electric,if I put my transom mount TM on.Mine tops out at about a whopping 5mph.

If that's the case, you're moving right along for an all electric rig. Mine tops out at 3.8 with (2) 55# motors. Hoping the new boat will go closer to 5-6mph once completed.

well.... 5 knots = 5.8mph, 7 knots = 8mph.... my guess is somewhere in that area because I have a buddy with that same motor on a pontoon boat and he moves about 5mph with it

Russ, I noticed that you mentioned a hefty price tag on this rig. I think anytime someone puts the tag "GREEN" on something it adds cost. Seems to be one of the big buzz words.

tell me about it... same thing with the "organic" foods that my wife and her parents insist on me eating.. I've never had such stomach problems since eating that stuff

Latest posts