First trip of the year

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbug

Reaction score
Well I went out on Sunday morning for the first trip on the river.My day started needing a new starting battery voltage was fine the night before. the boat ran like a champ we went down the river doing a nice easy 58mph. When I stopped at my first spot I noticed my pant leg a little wet.
I figured out that my water pressure gauge had failed and was spraying water all over my feet. All my live well and bilge pumps worked fine and the gps/depth finders were god to go the fishing could have been better we only managed 3 the biggest around 2lbs
Water temp was 45 and water was more like chocolate milk.
I also was hassled by the phila police for fishing an area of the river that I have been fishing for 20 years SHE said I was too close to the refinery that was 1/2 mile away I asked her when this took affect and was told after 9/11. I have fished this area every weekend on the river and have never had a problem other officers even asked me how the fishing was I guess she was having a bad day.
She called the marine police and coast guard but we had left before they arrived (I did see them run down the river as I fished another area)

jirwin6985 said:
Glad you got out and avoided the skunk but that sucks about the cops. Ive been having issues with them at my local ponds lately and no offence to any cops on here but arnt there better things to do than to hassle a fisherman who is legally hanging out and having a good time...
Joe

Well, I'm retired now, but during my 30 + years on the job, I never (nor did any of my officers) mess with any fishermen - and we have a good fishing river going right through town, several parks & a forest preserve - the Fox River (Illinois).

If anyone was ever checking them out, it would have been either the Conservation officers or the Forest Preserve police - not the City cops.....

We had much more fun harassing the speeders and other traffic violators - who, of course, wanted to know if we didn't have anything better to do or why we weren't out catching the "real" criminals :lol: :lol: