Tracker 1436LW Framing design Help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt 825

Reaction score
OK so I have a Tracker 1436 LW and I have decided to make a front deck with a couple compartments in it. I have been looking at every post on this site and I am amazed at how some of these boats have come out.

The problem I am having is that the tracker 1436 does not have ribs that run up the sides of the boat so I do not know how I would go about making side supports like the ones Waterwings designed and PWB used in his boat. How important are the side supports and can I build a deck without using them?

I would like to get started framing the boat soon, but I have been stalling because I cannot come up with a solid design for this boat. Any ideas or solutions would help greatly.

My boat
1436LW.jpg

Welcome Matt,

I wouldn't worry too much about the ribs not running up the sides. My opinion is that you want to transfer your load down to the ribs. There's nothing wrong with side supports I just don't think you need it. The frame I built for my Alumacraft front deck doesn't touch the sides of the boat. Now I did cut my deck tight enough to the sides of the boat to prevent any lateral movement that might sneak in.

So are you decking up to the level of the middle bench or going a little lower?

I plan to make the deck go over the middle seat and end just before the front seat. I havent decided if I will cover the livewell that is in the middle seat yet. Hopefully I can get started next week sometime.

Latest posts