aluminum flooring

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kurt Loup

Reaction score
My brother and I will be adding decks and flooring to a 15' jon boat. We have an opportunity to purchase 1/8" aluminum sheet for a decent price. Is 1/8" thick enough for flooring over the ribs? If necessary, additional support can be added. Thanks for any advise.

Kurt

Absolutely. Most factory flooring isn't 1/8" and I'm sure the hull itself is not unless it is a custom plate boat.

Kurt Loup said:
My brother and I will be adding decks and flooring to a 15' jon boat. We have an opportunity to purchase 1/8" aluminum sheet for a decent price. Is 1/8" thick enough for flooring over the ribs? If necessary, additional support can be added. Thanks for any advise.

Kurt

What's decent?

What alloy is it?

Kurt Loup said:
Brine said:
What's decent?

What alloy is it?

~$25 for an 8' x 38" sheet. No idea on the alloy as it is at a scrap yard.

Kurt

Well, bassboy may correct me, but I think that's a great deal.

Brine said:
Kurt Loup said:
Brine said:
What's decent?

What alloy is it?

~$25 for an 8' x 38" sheet. No idea on the alloy as it is at a scrap yard.

Kurt

Well, bassboy may correct me, but I think that's a great deal.

If I could have found a deal like that I'd have aluminum floors in my boat.

i am doing same thing to mine and it isn't even 1/8" just under. that price sounds good also. i don't know how to post link to my tread.But if you want to see look at (just my thinking) good luck and post pic. when you get started.

That is a great deal! If it is 1/8th that = .125 and I used it for my floor. My ribs run from side to side and I did not have to support it. I did use a couple screws to fasten to the ribs so it wouldn't go flyin out on the highway. Nice find. Just figured this out this is what I did.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6402

caveman said:
i am doing same thing to mine and it isn't even 1/8" just under. that price sounds good also. i don't know how to post link to my tread.But if you want to see look at (just my thinking) good luck and post pic. when you get started.

I plan to do something similar. I'll keep an eye on your build.

Kurt