Old Lowe, 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INGrandad

Reaction score
So I've been asking questions and this evening I finally took a few bad photos with the cell phone. Working on this at my brother's farm, I never have the camera with me. Primed the interior today, think that's all I'm going to paint this year. Get it up on saw horses next winter.

This thing is costing me an arm and a leg. Built a relatively low front deck to shoot carp from. Didn't want to get to high because of the narrow beam. Rear floor I'm just going to screw into the thwarts. I have the hatch down but the old livewell I clear out, took the lids off, replaced it with a carpeted wood seat. Screwed up the carpeting on that, so I ran a leftover piece of aluminum angle along the front edge. I had put the hinges on and then ground down the heads of the stainless bolts and didn't want to fight through trying to get them off.

Rear seat is wood; carpeted. I have a front pedestal coming from Cabela's, and a rear seat to match, but not a pedestal. Got a new Minn Kota Traxxis to push her, and an old 6 horse Evinrude for longer runs.

Ran some small lights inside it tonight. Went drowning minnows last summer in the dark for crappie, it was hell with no lights in the boat, we've got that fixed. Those will help out too when bow fishing.

Sanded the interior, then primed it with a spray on self etching primer. Nice stuff, really leveled out nicely. And the green matched what the boat probably was when it was new. I tested an area of the front with a spatter spray I'd bought, I think I'm going to like it.

Can't wait for the seats to get here and get them mounted. Need to wire in the Humminbird and then I can screw down the decks and call it quits and go see if it floats.

Can't say enough good about this site and the folks that hang out here. Got some questions answered and got a lot of ideas from here. My thanks to you.
360860727.jpg

360860734.jpg

360860744.jpg

360860749.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos.

that paintjob looks great. I like how you did the decking - that is going to do great for bow shooting... I think you're going to be alright with stability since you have a mod v bow.

That's no lie, everytime I hit the building supply or hardware it's $40, $50, or $60 it seems. Offhand I'm thinking about $350. Paid $250 for the boat and beat-up, ill fitting trailer. Old TM wasnt' worth much, got another $200 or thereabouts in a Minn Kota Traxxis for it, and another $250 in an old outboard.

Made the mistake of going to Craig's List one day, and there, in a town not 50 miles away, was a beautiful appearing 15' flat with a 25 horse on it for $1800. If I'd had the extra 2k laying around.....

INGrandad said:
If I'd had the extra 2k laying around.....

I hear ya there... I've got my eye on an open floor 1448 for $1000... just got to make myself bite the bullet and get it.

Yeah, but this one looked water-ready, I'd be fishing instead of waiting for my seats to get here. :shock: Ah well, when things start to go wrong with it I can always say, "Hey, I did that myself!"

INGrandad said:
Yeah, but this one looked water-ready, I'd be fishing instead of waiting for my seats to get here. :shock: Ah well, when things start to go wrong with it I can always say, "Hey, I did that myself!"
and there is nothing better than being able to say that.

russ010 said:
INGrandad said:
If I'd had the extra 2k laying around.....

I hear ya there... I've got my eye on an open floor 1448 for $1000... just got to make myself bite the bullet and get it.

And what are you waiting on? You and I both know how hard finding good condition wide jons these days is in these parts.....

Latest posts