buying my first jb.need advice.thanks.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norbert

Reaction score
hi all,thanks for takin the time to read this...im in ireland and the only type of jb is a tracker, grizzly 1448...
i was just wondering if it is well stable and a good boat in general?...
many thanks again and tight lines! :roll:

1448s are probably the most stable 14' boats on the market.
The grizzly has a nice open floor plan with storage under the front deck.
I don't think you will be dissapointed.

No problem. All I ask is that you send me a pint of Guinness in return for such excellent advice. :beer:
I duck hunt & fish out of a 1440. It is pretty darn stable. But a 1448 is even better. Its amazing what a difference 8" more of bottom width will do for stability.
One question: Where do you intend to use the boat? I used mine on some pretty open water, bays & estuaries. But I have to be careful of the weather. Once it gets choppy, jon boats can be a pretty rough ride.

You'll be very happy with one of those. As mentioned, that's about as stable a 14' as you can get.

i would be using it on inland lakes,some rivers but nothing too big...(the biggest would be around 4000 acres...but only for good weather.)
would it be suitable for a bit of sea fishing?again only on good weather... :fishing:

I would not take it out on the open ocean but I use mine on Mobile Bay and Mississippi Sound, which are shallow open water estuaries. Just have to watch the weather and be prepared to run to port.

Latest posts