jon on a jeep

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think the weight would be a problem. I've hauled enough lumber on top of mine to well outweigh a 14' jon. The hard part would be getting it up there. Maybe you could strap a couple 16' 2x4's up there, with the back of the 2x4 where you could still open the hatch, then you could lift the front of the boat to the 2x4's then pick up the back of the boat and slide it on 2x4's.? Just thinking if you were by yourself....

I say it all depends on how bad you want to go fishin!! If you can manage to get the boat up there i would just put a couple of ratchet straps on each end,snug it down nice and tight and call it good!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 1,369
thanks for the info now my buddy just needs to wake the hell up lol

No offense but I'd pass on that idea. Jeeps are not the most stable vehicles to start with and adding a 14' boat on top could get hairy. Wind could easily cause some real control problems.
Do as you like but I don't think it would be safe.

I hauled one on my Cherokee for a couple of years til' I got my deep-vee. I bought a set of clamps that went on the rain gutters (can't remember where I got them) and used 2x4's to span the roof. Just picked the front of the boat up on the rear 2x4 & slid it down to the front 2x4.

Would it work. Probably. However, you will certainly be looking for a trailer real soon here. I can almost guarantee it.

Would it work. Probably. However, you will certainly be looking for a trailer real soon here. I can almost guarantee it.

Bassboy is right. Like I said, I did it but the boat was also nothing but the tin. No accessories. Hence the reason I now have a deep-vee.