Fishheads project!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishhead16

Reaction score
Well I found this site a couple days ago while searching for mods on boats. IM HOOKED!!! I've been looking for a fishing project and found it yesterday on craigslist. 14' Deep V, gal. trailer, 6 hp evenruide...550.00. Well I got started this morning by cleaning it out and taking the rotted seats out. Then fliped it over to prep it for paint. Here's some pics
DSCN0580.jpg
This is it when I brought it home
DSCN0582.jpg
starting to prep it
DSCN0588.jpg
look forward to chating with everyone.

Well I got the hull stripped down and sanded.I put a good heavy coat on it, let it bake in the garage on easter. Today I only had a couple hrs to work on it. I cut the wood for the decking and put two coats of sealer on it. My youngest son is home all day with me so you'll see alot of him. I have a ?ion I was hoping to get answered..., my boat already has a flat floor in it (has ribs running front to back) I was going to take the 1x3 in the pic and liquid nail them down to the boat floor and then attach the plywood to it using screws. All of my frame work will attach to the plywood floor. What do you think as this is my first project? Thanks in advanced
DSCN0617.jpg
DSCN0615.jpg
Here is a little sketch for me to go by
DSCN0619.jpg

Well I waited for a response to my question and nothing, so I did what I thought would work. I've been working on the boat everyday, hope to be done in a week. Here's some build pics.
DSCN0623.jpg
DSCN0624.jpg
DSCN0630.jpg
DSCN0636.jpg

Very nice job. Thr front of the vee's is the toughest part to figure out. I see you have storage planned for it. good idea for wasted space. Hopefully I can get mine started this weekend. I'm working outside so weather plays a big part. Keep it coming.

I know Im waiting for the wife to get home, so I can get out and work on it. Its 71 out right now, and Im in here chomping at the bit. :mrgreen:

Welcome to Tinboats - all of you in the above thread. Lots of new members here

boat project looks good - keep us posted please.

Well yesterday in was in the mid 70's, so I pulled the boat outside and worked on it. I even got a sunburn! :shock: I finished up the framing on the front and sealed it up, cut the plywood storage holes. I started to frame in the rear, Got that done and sealed and installed. I had pieces of plywood that I set in place to try to see where I want storage. Here's a few more pics. Thank You to everyone for the kind words
DSCN0644.jpg

DSCN0641.jpg

DSCN0643.jpg

DSCN0648.jpg

DSCN0646.jpg

Latest posts