finally put the name on my boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shizzy77

Reaction score
I decided I was tired of seeing all these fancy boats with their name on them so I decided the Sea Monkey needed the same. I have swung a pinstriping brush a little, so I figured I should be able to handle this. I wasnt going to spend $$$ having a set of vinyl letters made since I already had the materials.

I kind of cheated and printed out a sheet with the size and font I figured I could handle and traced them on the hull. I wanted to use a fancier font and outline the letters, but that would have been outside my skills since I was going to be free handing this.

Port

Port.jpg

Starboard

Starboard.jpg

its not great, but looks nice from about 20' (things always look that way dont they?) and I chuckle everytine I look at the name.

On the port side the S isn't all the way down to the line and the right side of the n is below the line.The left side of the M isn't down to the line on the starboard side.
Just kidding with ya..Looks great:)

good eye,

I drew the lines on the hull, but then made slight adjustments with the template because things didnt look right for some reason. I measured over and over, but ended up eyballing both sides a little. :|

Please don't take anything I say to serious,except for the last part.
Looks real nice.

Looks good! My brother-inlaw used to paint his car with a brush and roller... From a distance it was the best looking paint job you seen. But the closer you got to it the more brush strokes you could see... LOL

thanks guys.

no worries Zum :D

I came up with the name when I had my boat sitting next to my Friend's 19' Sea Ray. His boat has a powerful name and a 350 Chevy and it does 54MPH. Mine has a 6HP johhny and does 4MPH so the name "Sea Monkey" spoke to me. :)

My dad did the same thing to a little 10-foot jon boat we had many years ago. He was so proud of that boat that he named it after my mom and painted the name on the bow--Helen Highwater. True story, actually.

Latest posts