After Winter suprise

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish-On

Reaction score
Hi everyone, its been a while since I have visited tinboats.It was a long rough winter up here in Washington State I put my Jon boat under the deck and wrapped it with a tarp we got record breaking snow fall and unfortunatley my boat filled up completely nothing is damaged but man does it smell.I'm gonna pressure wash it and let it drain and dry.Anyone have any ideas what to use to remove the musty odor?I carpeted and have casting decks one of my seats was in the water saturated I hope it drains it weighed about 45 lbs #-o

Might want to try a carpet shampoo for the decks ect but the seats are just gonna have to dry.
They also have this stuff that you can sprinkle on and vacuum off that kills odors. Good luck.

I have found nothing that works on odors as well as Febreeze. Nothing is perfect, but this product is by far the best I have found. I do not smoke, and was assigned a company truck that had been used by a heavy smoker. I washed the hard surfaces with 409 and the windows with Windex, then bought one bottle of Febreeze and sprayed it on ALL fabrics: Seats, carpet, headliner, sun visors, etc.; the next day, I couldn't smell any smoke. If I were you, I would dry it out and let the direct sun do what it can, then use up a bottle of Febreeze on all fabrics.

Thx for the suggestions I will try to use the baking soda and febreeze if they fail then I will steam clean with carpet cleaner .I did power wash with just water and rinsed the ugly off as for now its raining and I put the boat on a slope maybe the rain will help some to.

Henry Hefner said:
I have found nothing that works on odors as well as Febreeze. Nothing is perfect, but this product is by far the best I have found. I do not smoke, and was assigned a company truck that had been used by a heavy smoker. I washed the hard surfaces with 409 and the windows with Windex, then bought one bottle of Febreeze and sprayed it on ALL fabrics: Seats, carpet, headliner, sun visors, etc.; the next day, I couldn't smell any smoke. If I were you, I would dry it out and let the direct sun do what it can, then use up a bottle of Febreeze on all fabrics.

I agree. I would spray febreeze in my hockey bag after games and it made a HUGE difference.

a jug of milk recently busted open in the back of our Suburban on a trip home from the grocery on my wife and a carpet cleaner friend said sprinkle the carpet liberally with coffee grounds. Leave it on for a couple of days and vacuum it off. She tried it and it seemed to help but we're talking milk here, so as it gets warmer and warmer the smell still comes back. She's just reshampooing it every couple of weeks.

Mike

Latest posts