The new rig! first real boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alltogethercleaning

Reaction score
1990 spectrum 16ft

spctrm.jpg

spectrum3.jpg

spectrum.jpg

spectrum2.jpg

spectrum4.jpg

spectrum5.jpg

spectrum6.jpg

Nice looking boat,had that exact same outboard in a tiller model,loved it.

Looks long shaft to me,maybe this will help.shaft_measure.gif
Looks long enough for that boat,your cavitation plate looks even a bit under the bottom of your transom.Sometimes that might make the water fly high,even make some come aboard.

It may run great,take her for a spin.
Is a jack plate out of budget?Would it be possible to build the transom up alittle,2X4 aluminum welded?(something like that)

If I dont like the way it runs, I will try to raise it using some home made metal brackets.... Cheapeast new jack plates I could find were like 185 cmc.... Id rather put the money into something else on it, unless its that slow. The current owner says it does 32

Heres some mods that they raised the transom,I also think a piece of 2X4 aluminum about a foot long welded to the stern would make a nice height addition.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4278&hilit=jackplate+transom

That looks like a cool setup. Use more beefy bars like he said and it would be a nice setup. First ill have to get my tilt/trim motor cause thats not working.

That's the same type boat that i borrowed a few weeks ago for my trip up to KY Lake. It needs the same rebuild that yours did. Did you replace the floor in the bottom of the boat too? My friend's needs it and both decks redone, they're all soft. All weekend the console kept getting looser and looser and when I got home all the screws had backed out and it had fallen over. I redrilled and put new screws in it and it's solid now but it needs a new floor under it bad.

Runs good standing still??? muffs/barrel
Looks great glad your happy,may want to think about guide-ons for your trailer,especially if by yourself.

Latest posts