Second Guessing the 10 ft Maybe a 14ft?? I want OPINIONS

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killakishdogg

Reaction score
Hey whats up guys Ive been thinking about my boat and Im second Guessing the 10 footer I think I want a 14 ft What do you guys think the best option would be for me im pulling it with a car so it cant be toooo big 10- 14 is my options..Also jon or v bottom??? :twisted: :roll:

A 14' boat will be much safer and give you many more decking options this is a great idea....

If you are fishing lakes that are fairly calm (not much big boat traffic) a jon boat would be my choice

I think a 1442 would be perfect for what you're wanting to do.Just because a boat is rated for 25HP or more doesn't nesassarily mean you need that much power.On lakes you could get by with a 9.9 to a 15 HP.Rivers you'll need more power to fight the current.point is,a smaller motor usually means lighter weight.

I pull my 1436 thru the yard and around the house to park with my lawn tractor. 16hp craftsman. Not sure of the weight but it could easily be pulled with a small car.

I have a 1440 mv, great boat but I wish I had gotten the 1448. That extra 8" gives it a lot more stability & room.
Go with a 1448 mv.

Latest posts