new front deck flip up lid

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turne032

Reaction score
this is a pic of the front of my boat,
14vo0tx.jpg

I built a deck with alum. welded cross braces on each brace that goes up the side
and then hinged the lid on the existing deck which was 18 in.
a4aauc.jpg

Added some extras, mesh alum. to allow air to dry out all the wet stuff and then you have to have speaker to listen to good tunes!!!! :mrgreen:
also put down some rubber with double sided tape along the braces to keep it the metal from rattleing
25gx7ja.jpg

the boat is a xterminator GT model (with light gauge alum. sides to lighten the boat, still has heavy gauge bottom for strength) 17 feet long and 48 in wide.
Legendcraft boats of alexander ar, makes them. They make custom fishing, duck, riding, etc... boats. Really great to work with.

:lol:

Turne032 where ya from. You mentioned Alexander, AR in the make of the boat. I'm assuming you live either in Alexander or Benton/Bryant area? I used to live in East End near Sheridan. Now I got married and me and my wife live in England.
I gotta give ya props on your boat. It's sweeeeet!

Turne032 I meant to ask you where did you find the rubber to put in between your supports? Did you use it around the speakers too?

https://www.trimlok.com/regular_trim.aspx

p5fki.jpg

Edge Trim is flexible PVC trim with individual internal metal clips and gripping tongue to provide a stronger grip.

This stuff is great to put around any metal edge. I have a aluminum mesh floor that is trimed in this. It keeps metal from rubbing metal. Also any hatches, lids, or sharp edges in your boat that you want to keep from scratching you or your family, it works great.

who pooted,

Im from south east Missouri, not quite the bootheel, but close. I currently live in Springfield Mo at the moment, but we do alot fishing in southern Missouri, and northern Arkansas.

:) Turner

Thanks for the info on the rubber edging. There's a lot of good fishing out your way. When we lived in Fayetteville we'd go to Beaver lake and catchem good. I fish the river out by my mom's place in Eminence, MO. I think it's the Saint Francis? Really don't know but it's got some great homey holes. Lot's of my family live in Cardwell, MO on the border of AR/MO off highway 412.
Anyways I'm gonna look into that link.
Thanks,
Adam

Can't see the pictures from work right now, but sounds like an awesome rig. Did you get your boat from Jet Doctor or somewhere else?

I was just down in Springfield Monday night and Tuesday. We went to the James River arm of Tablerock and snagged some paddlefish.

I am going to be away for a week so i wont be able to take you any close up pics of the console, but here are some I found on my computer.
348ogp5.jpg

2428i8x.jpg

fxgjeb.jpg

i hope this helps, if you give me a week i will take some pics of mine that will give you a better template to make one.