What carpet are you using?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jump This

Reaction score
Just curious, what brand or style carpet are you using on your boats.
I'm guessing most of you are using Ozite?

Rick

we used the marine grade carpet that lowes had in stock. It has the rubber backing and looked good. That was last year, and it still looks new (and we fish about 4 nights/week).

tholdah said:
we used the marine grade carpet that lowes had in stock. It has the rubber backing and looked good. That was last year, and it still looks new (and we fish about 4 nights/week).

This has been the popular route for most people on the forum.

is this the indoor/outdoor carpet that you can get at home depot too? it has rubber backing as well. I was thinking about getting some. 6'x8' for only $16

I also went the Lowes rubber backed outdoor carpet, gray in color. Like $6 a linear foot. I use contact cement to glue it down.

I will soon be draggin' the old tin into the shop!
Certainly looking forward to this project.
I'll try to provide a detailed description of how to install carpet into a boat.
(That is, if I don't screw it up!)

:D

I'm doing V Hull and using outdoor carpet from Lowes. Rubber backed and didn't seem to fray off the ends on what I used so far. It may not be the best but the price was right for being restricted on spending.

I looked at several sources and went with Cabelas. I have just ordered it so I cannot comment on the quality yet. I went with their standard vinyl for the floor and deluxe carpet for the hatches. Price was good, and the products got good reviews. We will see??