Tracker 17'L54"W Jon Modification

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunk50

Reaction score
This is a 2008 Tracker Grizzly that is all welded. It's 17+ feet long and has a 74" beam with a 54" floor. I have done a lot of work on boats and this is as solid a hull as I have worked with. Maybe not as pretty but definitely as solid. i'll post a few before photos and then a few after. I am very pleased with the way it came out.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After pictures. I am kind of proud. This floor plan took a lot of thought. I will try and explain a few and my reasoning. 1st, you will notice that the storage i added to the rear of the front deck does not go all the way across. With the rod racks I installed I can store an 8 1/2 foot rod. Also I chose to go with a NEW style Motorguide. It's the varimax #55 which is a digital 12 volt. Thus one large battery which I put in the front to balance it out a little. This also makes it easy for running the heavy power cable. Also I went with the tiller Merc. on purpose. This gives me much more room and you need to understand that in this area we do not have huge lakes like Kentucky or Barclay. I get get across any in less than 5 minutes. In some of the photos you will see the key ignition switch and tilt and trim on the starboard side of the boat. When I am sitting in the drivers seat it is natural to reach behind me with one hand to start or tilt motor. I also installed a tilt and trim switch at the bow. On the port side I installed a control panel with plenty of switches and a built in TinyTach. The TT gives me hours on motor and RPMS when motor is running. Theres more but I don't want to bore you with a book.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

that thing looks great.... love the 60hp tiller - don't see those too often around here.

That's a really sweet hull and you've done it proud. Boy, I could kill some carp with the bow from a stable platform like that.

I really like your mods.Made them work for you and your style of fishing.
Bet she scats right along with that 60hp.
Do you sit in the chair when motoring?

There are three different seat mounts. I just take the seat and move it to the starboard mount. simple and works for me.

sorry no. The back was easy. Just needed a piece of plywood to span between the side extensions. Hinged to the transom and installed a piece of aluminum angle on the back of the seat. Only photos are the ones I posted.

Fantastic design, and you could write a 'book' all day, and you wouldn't bore me! Your hull is in WAY better shape than mine (17fter) but it'll be good as new when I'm done! I'm planning on doing mine, and I love your ideas. You did great, and I love the baskets. Do they ever get in your way with your feet? I seem to put mine under my chair regularly. Thanks for sharing! Do you have any idea what you spent on the mod?

Nope the baskets don't get in the way. They are rectangle and not fastened at all. The skinny side allows feet under without a problem. When are you starting yours. AS far as price i could guess but a lot of the stuff i already had. It's really just carpet and wood and a lot of stainless steel screws and fasteners. And don't forget the WIRE, that stuff ain't cheap. It was probably more expensive that I know but I could not find what I want. I like the 7 1/2 floor that is wide open. I do have a large cooler that i put in the middle and strap it down like a battery box but most of the time it's out. I am working on a portable live well!!

I take the seat off the pedestal at put in on the immediate top of the seat on the starboard side. if it's a short trip which mine normally are, i just set on the aluminum carpeted seat. So far so good. haven't had to change a thing and am happy with the tiller on the 60 as well as the trolling motorguide on the front. Thanks for all the positive comments!! Dunk =D>

First off, GREAT JOB! I've got a 1650 Xpress that is a similar build.

Second, do you have jack plate on the motor? Or is it just mounted up high in the transom? Just curious, looks like she is riding higher which would be great for the skinny water.

Third,
Do you have Power T&T on the motor? Or does it have lift assist? Just curious. I have lift assist on my 2003 Merc 4 Stroke and it sure helps.

Once again, nice rig!

Latest posts