Permission to come aboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coleman

Reaction score
Just signed on today.

I own a Lowe "Pro 15" with a 25hp Evinrude pretty much bare metal inside. I decided to start the renovation process and luckily found this site. Cannot believe the amount of information available.

Looking forward to getting started and thanks in advance for the answersto the millions of questions I am sure that I will be asking. :D

welcome aboard....(pun intended)......lol

another Lowe owner.. good deal...

lots of good information here. fire away with the questions...

and BTW post a picture :D

Permission Granted, Welcome Aboard. Pictures Are A Great Way Of Introduction Here For The Project Boat. Then, Your Boat's Progress Pics Could Be Leading Someone Later On, To Their Great Starting Place. You Might Also Update Your Profile With A Location, As An Introduction To Yourself.

Welcome! I also have a 15' Lowe, but mine is a Sprite. I only have a 6 horse now, but i am looking to max it out with a 25 horse.

I have a few questions: Is the boat pretty quick with the 25hp. Do you take it on any big water (to me that is a 10,000 to 25,000 acre lake) and if so how does it fare?

New myself, almost info overload here, too many ideas in one spot. If you have a dumb@ss question search on my handle, I may have already posted it. :shock:

Welcome aboard Coleman. This site is awesome and very informative. Can't wait to see your progress.

ilinimud said:
Welcome! I also have a 15' Lowe, but mine is a Sprite. I only have a 6 horse now, but i am looking to max it out with a 25 horse.

I have a few questions: Is the boat pretty quick with the 25hp. Do you take it on any big water (to me that is a 10,000 to 25,000 acre lake) and if so how does it fare?

I have been on big reservoirs but I try to stay in feeder creeks and out of the weather. Being in Texas the wind has been known to blow from time to time so I like to stay off the main body. There have been a couple of times where I got caught on the main lake in 25-30 knot winds and that is not an experience that I would intentionally try and repeat. I just slow her down and try to keep the bow pointed into the incoming waves. Suffice to say that everytime that I have been caught in this situation I was wishing that I had rain gear on board. The guy in the front of the boat is especially boned! :lol:

My 25 Evinrude runs as fast as I need to go but it could do better. Because I like to fish and hunt the feeder creeks I am constantly running over stumps and limbs so my propeller looks like chewed up and spat out hamburger meat. I really need to get a new prop and I am sure that would help performance. New sparkplugs would not hurt either.

I have had the boat on the White River in Arkansas and I was interested to see that she ran just as fast as any of the guide boats with 25 hp kickers on them.

Thanks to all the responses.

Doughboyracing said:
Just curious, but where is Italy Texas? Oh, and welcome. :wink: Very informative and friendly site.

Italy is ten minutes south of Waxahachie. :lol:

Or halfway between Waco and Dallas.

Coleman said:

Welcome, Coleman. from your neighbor to the north! If you see me (usually on Waxahachie or Bardwell) stop me and say hi! You can't miss me, just look at my boat in my signature line. :mrgreen:

Henry Hefner said:
Coleman said:

Welcome, Coleman. from your neighbor to the north! If you see me (usually on Waxahachie or Bardwell) stop me and say hi! You can't miss me, just look at my boat in my signature line. :mrgreen:

Henry, I checked out your remodel on your link. Great job!! Since you are a Bardwell vet, do you know anything about the creek just south of 'Hachie? Does it feed Bardwell? We just moved here this past summer and I have not yet had a chance to check it out. How is the jug and crappie fishing on Bardwell?

Coleman said:
Henry, I checked out your remodel on your link. Great job!! Since you are a Bardwell vet, do you know anything about the creek just south of 'Hachie? Does it feed Bardwell? We just moved here this past summer and I have not yet had a chance to check it out. How is the jug and crappie fishing on Bardwell?

I haven't been to Bardwell enough to call myself a veteran, but it is known for it's crappie and sand bass. The marina has a fishing barge that sees lots of use, but I have never used it. The highway 34 bridge pilings produce quite a few crappie in the summer, but right now the crappie are going shallow for the spawn. The water is about 2 feet low right now, preventing me from getting up into the creek. I think the creek you are referring to is Waxahachie Creek, it feeds Lake Waxahachie, and then Bardwell. You can get into the creek from Lake Waxahachie (upstream of course) but not from Bardwell until it gets another foot of water. I can't tell you about the jug fishing, as I am a brand new beginner at it, having tried only once just last week. Try this link for Texas lake info: https://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/ I answered your PM earlier and included my cell phone number. Maybe we will have to hold a TinBoats Texas get-together.

Sounds great. I have two duck decoy bags full of jugs ready to hit the water. I have not been able to go fishing since last summer. We moved to Italy right before school started and being a coach/teacher does not allow much fishing time during the school year. Suffice it to say that I have a serious fishing withdrawal going on right now.

I should have been a teacher. Nooooo, I had to be a refrigeration tech, where I work three times as hard in the summer! #-o I am on call one weekend in three, which leaves one for honey-do's and one for fishing.

Latest posts