16ft Jon? 200.00?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lifesaball18

Reaction score
He's asking for 200.00 and its 16ft long by 42in wide. Transom is 16.5 inches not too bad. Not sure on thickness of hull.needs minor work. I think it a good deal and want to go pick it up.its an hour away.
Any tips on checking it out? Its my first jon boat. hes not sure on year, motor rating or manufacturer. Iw oulds have to make some repairs for sure. Like a transom and some slow leaks. So i thought maybe offer 175.00 i already asked if he'd go down and he said he would but maybe if i waved the money in his face. Nicely of course. He said they were out on the lake for 4 ours and had not more than a quart of water in it.
another reason im gonna take it to the lake and try it. and why i want to offer him less. What do you think by the pics

Attachments

• P3280095L.jpg
    P3280095L.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,021
  • P3280096L.jpg
    P3280096L.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,020
  • P3280097L.jpg
    P3280097L.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,019
  • P3280098L.jpg
    P3280098L.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,021
That's a great boat.Very solid looking.Just be sure you can get the proper paper work for your state with the boat.It's a real pain in the but and wallet to try and title a boat without a title.

Up here in MI it only has to be titled when w/o a motor. and Im either on private lakes or lakes where the DNR or law enforcement never comes. I havent bought a boat yet with a title. i think that our rules are different than other places. Most are titled just... lost b/c its no use really. Not an issue. An uncle of mine had a boat for the past 20 yrs just fishing the southern Mi inland lakes. Not titled and he has a big deep V :shock:
thanks for the advice.In the 2nd pic it looks like the gunwale is kinda bent. although not a big cause im going to be decking it. With structure.

thats a really good deal, you can have some real fun with that for the price

No use for a pontoon, no trailer or motor strong enough. Plus i already asked :mrgreen: no go. he just wants this one gone.

ben2go said:
That's a great boat.Very solid looking.Just be sure you can get the proper paper work for your state with the boat.It's a real pain in the but and wallet to try and title a boat without a title.

x2

Go for it! Well worth it IMO

Looks to be in real good shape.
I don't see any big dents in any of the pictures.

Wish I could find one in that shape for that price. Here in Texas, we have to have a title for both the boat and motor, plus registration for the trailer. Its a real headache if any paperwork is missing.