And it begins Lowe Pro-15

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coleman

Reaction score
Objectives in order of priority:
Deck in floor
Rewire for electronics
Deck rear bench / storage bins for battery & fuel tank
Remove middle bench
Add bow casting deck
Install seats

myboat001.jpg

myboat002.jpg

myboat003.jpg

myboat004.jpg

myboat005.jpg

myboat006.jpg

myboat007.jpg

And finally,while this has nothing to do with my remodel, I hate to let an opportunity to gloat pass me by. :D

BigCats.jpg

ben2go said:
Knock out the center seat.Add front and rear decks........Oh man the possibilities are endless.

I am/was worried about losing the middle bench, do you think it would be a problem structurally?

I have done two mods. One to a 12ft by 25in Meyers boat. And the other to a 16ft by 42 jonboat, i didnt take out or drill into anything that was part of the original boat b/c i always want a boat underneath. Dont know why but it is my ... morals if you will, when i do mods on boat, just like i dont cut through the hull at all. I say keep it and put the deck on top. Dont cut anything of the hull or drill. Although im sure some others disagree....

Most of the strength comes from the ribs.The seats add a little stiffening.If you build decks and the framing is connected to the ribs,there should be no problems.Drop in framing and decks would need the seats to help with flex.

Hey, welcome and all that. I own the same model boat and just modified mine Heres the link to sea what I did with mine.........

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?F=13&t=6402

Removed middle bench and added new support. No problem. Built new front deck and added new aluminum floor. Getting it ready for a new paint job.

Them fish are BEAUTIFUL.....especially the "backstraps" pretty as crappie meat just as tasty and a BUNCH more of it! :p Nothing is better than flathead filets except maybe a big flounder.

Seriously though....anyone think I would be making a mistake putting a deck on top of the bow bench seat? A sheet of plywood is dang near going to be flush with the top of the boat.

Coleman said:
Them fish are BEAUTIFUL.....especially the "backstraps" pretty as crappie meat just as tasty and a BUNCH more of it! :p Nothing is better than flathead filets except maybe a big flounder.

Seriously though....anyone think I would be making a mistake putting a deck on top of the bow bench seat? A sheet of plywood is dang near going to be flush with the top of the boat.

I used to have a wooden deck on mine. Bolted a piece of 2x4 to existing front deck support plate 3/4 inches below level of middle bench seat. Then laid the 3/4 in plywood down on top of 2x4 which laid flat on the middle bench seat. This put the deck about four inches from top rails. Recently went all aluminum and built directly off bow deck. Very stable, Very light.

I've got a Lowe 14' Big Jon that my Dad put a deck on and it was almost flush with the gunnels but not quite. If I could ever dig up the old pictures of it I could show you what it looked like but I can't find 'em!! :x :x :x Right now though it's out of commission. Not for long though hopefully.

He used 3/4" plywood but when I redo it I'd like to try to use aluminum. That stinking boat is heavy enough as it is...

I hear ya on the heavy. I tried to be careful of what I put in mine, and used 5/8" plywood, but it's still so tongue heavy now that I've ordered a jack for it. I've got back problems now, I don't want to keep them riled up.

Nice flatheads! Man, I wish we had 'em here in Maryland. Blues would be nice too, but I'll just have to settle for channels. :?