1448 mod opinions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLfish

Reaction score
Hello all,

About a month ago I decided to buy a new boat. I tyed to get a Lowe Roughneck 1455 but they would not approve me for the loan due to the fact that im a broke college student :) Anywho, I'm now thinking about buying just a bare Lowe 1448 Modified Vee and putting a deck in up front and also a floor. Has anyone had any experience with these boats? I see them all the time at Cabelas and I just love the way they look and they seem like they would be very stable.

I dont have experience with that boat but I do have experience with life. My suggestion is do not buy toys with credit! Especially if you are broke!

when you own it because you pay cash, it makes a big difference in how you feel!

x2 on that.

Look for a used one on Craigs List you should be able to find one for 1/3 the price of new. Do what you can to it as you get the money. Try to put some away too so that once you have a little bit stashed away, sell the one and go get what you want. More than likely you're gonna want to just keep the cheapy cause you already built it the way you want it. I bought new last year cause I couldnt find a flat bottom boat around here, and now this spring I found an all welded 1448 with motor on CL for 900 bucks. If I had the cash I would have bought it and tryed to sell mine. It lasted 4 hours and was gone!

Good Luck!

I dont have experience with that boat but I do have experience with life. My suggestion is do not buy toys with credit! Especially if you are broke!

x2. buy a junker. a new boat is only going to get beat up anyways, and you'll never get what you have in it when you sell it

what'cha gonna do after college?

I've got a Lowe 1448 and it's a great boat. Strong, stable, well built. Mine's a 1980 model. I agree with others who have posted though, you're a broke college student. Save you up some money, get a junker and enjoy it. There's boo-koos of 'em out there, cheap.

so much wisdom in all these replies, buy the used one, deck it out nice, buy some nice gear, and a good used motor, and battery and trolling motor all for less than that brand new empty boat.

I catch just as much fish and have just as much fun in my 41 year old boat and 45 year old Outboard. even with all the gear I have added Im still under $1000.

and never under value the sense of accomplishment that comes with turning something old into something new. our hands are made for building things, nothing is as good as something you create yourself.

Latest posts