1432 project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jyphotography

Reaction score
Ok I am gonna go for it.. I know I have been told its to narrow of a boat, but I am gonna hang on to it now, fix it up, and then sell it! I am also gonna use it here and there but with caution! I would like to try and get 1000 for it when I am done! My plans are to paint, and some carpeted floor and storage!

It has a 6hp Chrysler, but I think I am going to get that running and either sell it or trade it for another trolling motor!

I will have some pics up tomorrow!

Go for it. I would just drop a floor in it, maybe bolt seats (no pedestal) to the benches for comfort, trade the gas motor for a trolling motor and call it done. Obviously it's not going to be the most stable boat, but keeping the center of gravity low should make it a usable boat for getting out on Acworth.

poolie said:
Go for it. I would just drop a floor in it, maybe bolt seats (no pedestal) to the benches for comfort, trade the gas motor for a trolling motor and call it done. Obviously it's not going to be the most stable boat, but keeping the center of gravity low should make it a usable boat for getting out on Acworth.

that is my plan!

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

ok sanded and one coat of primer! its pretty warm out, I am going to sand runs in a couple of hours and try an add another coat! then tomorrow will be paint day! cannot wait... I will get pics up soon!

Russ010's sprayer makes life so easy! so easy that I let my son primer it!

Smoke gray on the inside and a dark red/maroon on the out, well whatever color I get out of mixing red and gray! Ha, I am looking forward to seeing what comes out of it!

Hey guys, I have finished the outside and almost done with the in. My question is before I start painting.

would it be safe for me to take out the front bench seat? It would allow me to put a floor from the rear seat to the front of the boat. It will also allow me more room to put a seat up in the front middle.

what do you all think. I am going to finish paint tomorrow, but if I decide to take it out I am going to take it out before I finish painting!

Jyphotography said:
Hey guys, I have finished the outside and almost done with the in. My question is before I start painting.

would it be safe for me to take out the front bench seat? It would allow me to put a floor from the rear seat to the front of the boat. It will also allow me more room to put a seat up in the front middle.

what do you all think. I am going to finish paint tomorrow, but if I decide to take it out I am going to take it out before I finish painting!

Depending on the ribs of the boat and the strength of the boat. I think if you do take them out. but some bracing back in its place when you build the decking.

Jyphotography said:
here is the pic what do you think about the ribs?

b1.jpg

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't remove the seat, just build a deck using it. It's not in the way at all. But if you want to remove, definitely add some bracing.

Keep the bench, and build off of it.

You're pretty ballsy for decking that thing... I took my 1432 out and it was tippy just standing on the bottom... :shock:

If it were me and this were my only boat I'd be afraid to pull it out. The ribs do go up on the side, which is good, but I think that bench adds a lot of stability to the front (and it's full of foam for flotation). If you remove it and the boat flexes and twists too much your build just got way more complicated and your not going to be out on the water in it anytime soon.

Now if this were a second project boat then I might take the risk. Just me 2 cents.

-- Poolie

Latest posts