New guy (intro)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rupestris

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I happened across a link to this site at another forum I visit. I had no idea there was a forum for folks that enjoyed aluminum boats that don't require a second mortgage to buy. :wink:

I've owned a Grumman SportBoat 15 for a few years now but this year will be the first year that I really get to spend a lot of time with it. I finally have access to a lake where I can leave the boat for the summer and not have to deal with trailering and public launches.

Unfortunately, I won't get to put it in the water 'til May 3rd. Until then, I'll be hanging around here trying to pick up some tips and tricks for getting the most out of my tin boat.

My boat:
1991 Grumman SportBoat 15
2001 Mercury 5HP 2-stroke
Trailer is a Harbor Freight $299 special.

Grumman2.jpg

Grumman3.jpg

I'll bet some better pics soon.

Thanks for lookin,

Chris

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining!

My cousin had a similar boat to that made by radisson (paper thin aluminum though). It was a great little boat to get into those places no other boat could go.

Thanks for the warm welcome folks.

Jim, the Grumman is .040 Aluminum. Nothing spectacular but it does have ten ribs and foam filled rear seat, bow and gunnells. Its pretty tough and trailers well resting on the hull. Something they recommend against with regular canoes. Weighs in around 110Lb or 120Lb empty. Can't remember.

I plan on doing some testing this year. Including standing in it, Canadian style rowing and (in the shallows, without the motor) seeing just how stable it is.

I'll take lots of pics.

Chris

Latest posts