NEED quick help!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribass

Reaction score
Im in college and looking for MY first bass boat and have heard very mixed reviews on basstrackers. I found a used tracker im goin to look at today and need some help and advice PLEASE!!! What are your experiences with basstrackers or thoughts on them?

The BassTracker is a 2001 17'
Mercury 25hp 4 stroke w/ tilt--- says he's used less than 100 gal of gas because he has a pontoon and lost interest in the tracker.
Trolling motor: Motor Guide pro series 43 lbs thrust
Tracker pro fish 128 finder by humminbird
Trailer: trailstar.
Live Wells

ADVICE PLEASE!!!
thank you
BB

ben2go said:
Those are really good boats IMHO.

When it comes to details. Is the trolling motor strong enough for this boat and the engine? Do you know how the Fish Finder is?

Thanks for any help
BB

Trolling motor is fine for that size boat.I would prefer a 55lbs thrust,but that's just me.I am unsure on the fish finder but in general Hummingbird does make reliable units.

I was thinking the same thing like a 55lb.. i wish it was my choice but its used so its got what it comes with unfortunately

BB

All that is minimal. That 25 is going to be real sluggish pushing that around. That trolling motor will work, but is minimal. I use a 40 horse and a 40 pound thrust trolling motor on a 15 foot aluminum that is also narrower and quite a bit lighter than yours.

Latest posts