My 1460 Rio Rogue Jon Project 2

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rawdawg

Reaction score
Well heres another few pics of my first Jon Boat project. I sanded the motor cover on my 1976 25 hp Evinrude down, and got a pair of sweet decals and put a stripe on it for flavor. It has electric start, and scoots pretty good.
I put the trolling motor power cable on same side as steering cable after pic was taken. I made a big wood block to mount the trolling motor to and secured it to side of boat and to platform. I didnt want to have a flush deck in front, to keep stuff from rolling out easily or being kicked off.
The front storage has enough room for a couple of batteries, umbrellas, life vests, anchor, ropes, fishfinders, first aid kit, fire extinguisher with room to spare. Keeps boat neat.
You can look at the previous post and see the old transom compared with the new one. This one is made out of a 1" thick butcher block table top. That ledge in the rear is also 1" butcher block too. It ties in with transom and sides of boat and gives me a strong step or kneeling point, while staying narrow enough to get gas can and battery in and out with ease. I hid the extra length of my fishfinder cables underneath too.

Attachments

• CIMG2065.JPG
    CIMG2065.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 350
  • CIMG2067.JPG
    CIMG2067.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 352
  • CIMG2068.JPG
    CIMG2068.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 350
  • CIMG2061.JPG
    CIMG2061.JPG