motor up or down

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveman

Reaction score
When your boat /motor is parked.Not in water is it best to have motor on transom saver or just resting on transom down????????????

Are you talking about when trailering, or just when storing on the trailer? In the summer months, it is just fine to leave it tilted up on your transom saver. During the winter months, tilt it down. The water passages are designed to drain completely when the motor is tilted down, so in the winter, when it could freeze and bust a water chamber, tilt it down. In the summer, it matters not. I leave mine up, as it would be more effort to tilt it down. If you have power tilt, you may want to tilt it down. I don't know if you would want the load constantly on your tilt cyl, and some seep down after a while. If you are on a transom saver, that is of no worry.

Bassboy1
I am talking about when boat is on trailer is it best to have motor up or down as in up on t saver =no oil on seals and down = xtrea weight on transom

Thanks for in put still not sure what to do as motor is 167 lbs. and that is alot weight .

It weighs the same sitting in the water as it would on the trailer.

You won't hurt anything because of weight by having it in running position while sitting on the trailer. I purposely had my cover made to fit with the motor down instead of up like normal. I can't trailer with the cover on now but I definitely want it down during the winter.

Latest posts