Got a block, help me out.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INGrandad

Reaction score
I can't think of how to resolve this. I'm borrowing part of a photo from another thread, my apologies and thanks to pbw.
362667691.jpg

My bow looks like this boat's. I have a new Minn Kota transom mount that I'd like to be able to mount up front to use from the deck seat. What I can't figure out is a good way to mount the thing given the depth and slope of the bow. I don't want to cobble together a frame, and then have to fram off the frame to hang the thing in the water. Anyone have any good ideas or know what guys have done in the past?

Weld a small piece of aluminum to the gunnel,in whatever corner you like.TM plate.jpg
Cost me $20 bucks,plate and welding.

my boat is a semi v, but this might help anyway. i made a transom for my TM to mount on the bow, the angles i cut allow the motor to hang nearly vertical. i also angled the holes that the screws go into. there is a closeup on page 2 of my build, link in my signature.

Attachments

• tm.jpg
    tm.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 564
  • tm2.jpg
    tm2.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 563
May not be a bad way to go there. I have my pedestal seat set back, I't be easiest maybe to mount her on the starboard side up there. THink I've read that it's a quick job to change the head on the motor to reverse it, trying to think how that'd work and which way I'd want it. Thanks.

Latest posts