Getting New Title for Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ober51

Reaction score
I know each state is different for boat registration - so my question is about Mon Ark boats. I have what seems to be all the information on the boat, HIN number, information plate, etc. I just need a contact email or number for Mon Ark boats. Are they still around? If someone has that information that would be great. But if they are defunct, what do I do? I am assuming the boat was registered in CT, but how do I get a NJ title?

Any other generic suggestions?

russ010 said:
Not sure if you've seen this... but it might point you in the right direction

https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Vehicle/Boats.htm

If you have a Bill of Sale and maybe the out of state registration, I think you will be fine and should be able to get the title in your state of NJ

Almost forgot .... MonArk Boats are now known as SeaArk == https://www.seaark.com/

Ah, so maybe I should call Seaark and see if they can issue me a new title or something. I don't want tp pay a new rregistartion fee in CT and then again here in NJ, which I know will happen. Thanks for this.

Im confused as to why you need to contact the company that built the boat.

is your state one that titles all boats? here in MN only boats 16' and over get a title.

seaark will be no help in getting a title

i dont know about nj but im gonna guess you'll have to end up applying for a lost title. thats going to take alot of calls and alot of time. some states do not require a title, only a notorized bill of sale to register a boat

shizzy77 said:
Im confused as to why you need to contact the company that built the boat.

is your state one that titles all boats? here in MN only boats 16' and over get a title.

anything with a motor or greater than 12' need a title. i think i'll get a title, ill keep people posted

Went to the DMV today - I need to go to a State Marina so they can do a HIN check and issue a new one. Then I can get a title. Hoping it goes swimmingly.